Saturday, August 1, 2009

Now I remember...

Now I remember why this piece is a UFO. Don't get me wrong. I love "Margaret Gatis" sampler from Scarlet Letter. But so many of the bands are stitched over three (3) threads. Ych. I love stitching over two threads because your needle just falls into the right hole when you use the sewing motion. (I never stab anymore. It's too hard and too slow.) But stitching over three threads requires that you count almost every thread to get the stitch right. It's very tedious and hurts my brain.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jeez, what a challenging sampler! It sure is beautiful, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful sampler! I hope you pick it up again, it would definitely be an accomplishment finishing that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have one sampler that has over three & it was really tough.

    Maybe one year I'll get it out and complete it

    I think mine is Ann Holwell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it but the over 3 drives me crazy too!~ Its a beautiful piece though and would be worth it!~ Email me at lriggsbee@nc.rr.com
    I think we just may be neighbors!~ Faye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, over 3 is tough, but so worth it...it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, since you will totally hate it by the time you get it finished, I think you should give it to me for my birthday!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh! This is so beautiful! I've never stitched over 3 threads before, but I bet it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheeesh...I thought now that Mary was done you would pick something "easy"!! Guess not...YIKES! I love their samplers but I don't have that much patience to work on such an intricate piece. It's beautiful, though :)

    ReplyDelete