Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm in the latest Nordic Needle catalog!!

Woohoo! In fact, this is a GREAT BIG WOOHOO! I got the lastest Nordic Needle mail order catalog and my beaded scissor fobs were right there on page 17! I am so excited.

And to add to the craziness, the scissor fob I listed Tuesday on Etsy wasn't there when I checked the site late yesterday afternoon. I panicked, thinking I had done all that work and neglected to "Save" it. Well, lo and behold, it sold already! How's that for timing?

And Thursday, I completed a custom order of tassels for a lovely lady in Barcelona, Spain. It's amazing that someone thinks my little tassels are pretty enough for decorating.

Now, for the stitching update. It dawned on me that Mother's Day is coming quickly. I have been stitching a sampler on 40 count silk gauze for my mom for the last several Mother's Days. So today I pulled out a cute one from Threads Through Time. It's called "The Bee Hive Sampler". Hopefully, it won't take more than a week to stitch. Of course, then I have to risk cutting off my fingers on the mitre saw making a frame that will be about 2" x3"!

So "Grace Mason" will have to go on hold for just a little while. And I really hate that because I don't like to have more than one project going at a time. But allowances must be made for deadline stitching. And I think being late for Mother's Day would be reaaally bad.