Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grace Mason in the really early stages.

I'm back and ready to stitch like crazy. Actually, I did get some stitching done while I was away, but it's not really much to look at yet. But I promised frequent updates, so here it is.
I know you're not really impressed with what I've done so far, but be kind...it's 239 x 240 stitches! That's a lot of border. Hopefully, I'll get a lot done tonight while I catch up on all the shows I recorded while I was gone. I admit it. I'm a TV junkie. That's when I get most of my stitching done. Multi-tasking at its best.

I am not the world's best photographer, in fact, I'm not even the best photographer in my family, but I took some this weekend in God's Acre cemetary in Old Salem. It's hard to capture the glory of the freshly washed stones and flowers specially put there for Easter. The concept is that we are all created equal and so the markers reflect that.

Today, I've been catching up on my Etsy shop. I refreshed some pictures of some fobs. And I listed a new one. This pink tulip and green one would look great on your spring and summer purse.

















This morning when I checked my email I found that my Etsy favorites have been featured on the front page of http://www.myhandmaderegistry.com/. That was pretty cool. Check out the site. It works like a bridal or baby registry. You can make a wishlist of your handmade items and see what others are doing too.

Oh, and just in case you never scroll to the bottom of the blog, that's where my needlework showcase is. I've made a slideshow of some of my stitching. Check it out.