Sunday, April 19, 2009

BeeHive Sampler is well on it's way!

I told you I had to temporarily abandon "Grace Mason" for a Mother's Day gift. Well, even though I have to take frequent breaks from staring at 40 count silk gauze, it is coming right along. I started on Tuesday. This how far I've come.
And here is the chart photo.
I should be done by middle of the week, I hope. Of course, filling in the background will take quite a while. I'll have to use the Dazor for that. For some reason, I have no problem stitching the sampler without magnification, but when I get to the background I have trouble telling where the empty spots are. Does that make sense?
I've also been busy adding new items to my Etsy shop. I love this navy scissor fob. You can see it here.
If you have trouble counting correctly, you might want to invest in some counting/marking pins like these. They are really helpful on those long rows of 200 or 300 stitches on band samplers. Do you know how long it takes to count to 300 four times? And it never comes out the same.

And, finally, here is the fob I made for my sister to hang on her tennis bag! Her bag is pink and black. Hope she likes it.