Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Grace Mason lives!

Well, the sampler does anyway. I'm back at it and loving it. I finished the border last night and now I'm working on some of the motifs at the bottom. I don't have a photo today. You'll just have to use your imagination. I'll do better next week.

I'm not like most stitchers. I work primarily by color, not by section or area. So, since the border flowers were in gold, I found pieces within the border done in the same color and I'm stitching them now. I know, it sounds crazy, but that's the way my brain works. Remember, I'm an engineer by training and the counting is the easy part for me. If the cross stitch police told me I had to work by section, I'd probably quit because it drives me crazy to work that way. In the back of my mind there is always a nagging thought that I'll have to rethread with a color I've already used.

I'm off to visit my mom on Thurs. and won't be back until Sunday, so I may not update the blog til next week. The good news is that I should have made a lot of progress...I hope.