Friday, September 25, 2009

Tweaking

Well, I'm done with block two of "Shores of Hawk Run Hollow". It would have been done sooner, but a little tweaking of floss colors was required.


I'm sure you know how difficult it is to make conversions from one brand of fiber to another and maintain the original look of the project, not to mention your sanity. As I mentioned previously, I changed not only the floss, but the fabric also. So I'm having to exercise the right side of my brain and be a little creative. Unfortunately, that means frog stitching from time to time because what I thought would work, doesn't. I'm finding that the conversion made for color "x" may work in one motif, but not another, so I'm adjusting as I go along. All in all, it's working out, but taking a little more time than I'd like. I just have to tell myself to enjoy the process. And I am, except when I flick the needle across the room while frog stitching.