Sunday, June 14, 2009

Grace Mason is Done!

It's party time!! I finished the "Grace Mason Sampler" by Of Female Worth this afternoon. This sampler is like a friend now. I'll frame her and hang her on the wall, but I will stop by her spot and visit her often. I'll remember what was going on when I stitched her and all the little glitches I ran into while working on her and how much I love the colors and Scottish style. That's the ongoing joy I get from all my pieces...the memories.
All the pieces in the slideshow at the bottom of my blog have a story. My walls are full of samplers and I stop and look at them frequently. Some I visit more often but they are all full of memories and I love them. Others are gifts and I get to visit a lot of them because they live with family members. And I only have pictures of others.
I have been less than diligent at times about taking pictures of my stitching, but writing this blog has changed that. I used to keep a stitching diary, but that also fell by the wayside. Now this blog is my stitching diary. It's important to document your projects. I don't expect my stitching to be oohed and aahed over 200 years from now, but it will end up somewhere and I'd like for the person who has it to know how it came to be. It somehow makes it seem more real. So I will continue. And in about 30 minutes I'll start the Mary Wigham SAL. Oh boy, another memory begins.