Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rainy Days and Productivity

It is a gloomy day outside so I'm going to need extra caffeine today. Or maybe a nap. Lester and I went for an early walk to avoid the heat. It's a good thing because now it's dark and I just heard thunder.

Anyway, it's not like I have nothing to do. My mom and one of my sisters are coming to visit, so I really need to clean. I'm a member of the Housework is Evil group on Facebook so you can guess how high cleaning is on my to-do list. I'll probably find a way to go play with my beads by rationalizing that it's business related.

Speaking of which, I made a prototype beaded needle threader yesterday. I took it to stitch group last night and got rave reviews. Apparently, I'm the only person in the world who doesn't mind threading a needle. So I guess I'll be adding it to my inventory. But they are so tiny to work with that I have trouble manipulating them easily. So my friend, Donna, suggested that I use a vise/clamp that fly fishermen use to tie flies. Say that fast three times! I may have to check that out. Anyone out there have any advice?

I also finished my model for the Beginning Cross Stitch on Linen class that I'll be teaching at Angelwing Needlearts (my LNS). Hopefully, I'll be able to convince somebody that stitching on linen is easier than they think. Most people come to realize that the holes are larger than the ones on Aida, but it's a big psychological hurdle to overcome. They find it hard to believe that the only way I will ever stitch on Aida again is under threat of torture. In fact, my preferred thread count is 36 or 40 count! But I will admit that a good light is essential. And don't assume that I have eagle eyes. I'm basically as blind as a bat. I wear bifocal contact lenses and uses readers when I stitch. But I'll do just about anything to stitch. As I've said before, I need to stitch to maintain some semblance of sanity.

Having said that I'll sign off now and do something productive...Wait, gotta go get Lester. He's outside chasing the lightening!