Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day. Please remember to honor those who have sacrificed so much to make our country free and safe. It is such a privilege to live in a country where we are free to live, worship, speak, and prosper as we wish, but that freedom comes with a price. I want to personally thank all the brave men and women who serve in our armed services.

On a less serious note, unless you're a cross stitch addict, I'm still working on Grace Mason. The four-sided alphabet, numbers and dividing bands are my current focus. And I'm not a big fan of four-sided stitch. So the sooner I can move on, the better. Unfortunately, there's a lot of over one stuff near the bottom. Apparently, I've already done most of the fun stuff. Oh well.
I've also been working on my needlework accessory sets. Ever since I created that set for a friend, I've been kicking myself for not doing it all along. My only excuse is that I usually make scissor fobs one day, counting pins another day, etc. So the creative process wasn't coordinated. I guess that's the price I pay for being left-brained and organized. Anyway, I worked up eight sets this weekend. I'm still in the process of photographing them. The blue set and the lime green set I show last week are now available on my Etsy shop and I listed this teal, purple, and silver set today.