Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stitch Away!

It's hard to remember how much I dreaded working on Margret Gatis just a month ago.  I've made more progress in the last month than in the last 2 1/2 years! It's already 18+ inches long and I'm about 75% done.  But it's smooth sailing from here, until the needleweaving band at the bottom. And I'm looking forward to that one too.  I won't jinx myself by calling that easy because there's the chance that I'll cut the wrong thread and that would definitely put me in a bad mood.  But the fact that everything below the knot garden is over 2 threads puts me in a great frame of mind to continue.
The right hand margin is not even on this piece, but because the knot garden band is so big, it's not noticeable.  So my anal retentive self is letting it go.

I was going to stitch all afternoon, but I had a request for a custom laying tool and fob that took precedence. But I'm ready to go now.

By the way, I got my wedding ring set back from the jeweler yesterday and it's so shiny and bright I almost didn't recognize it. Now my hand doesn't feel naked anymore. :)

9 comments:

  1. Tommye, this is such a gorgeous project - you're stitching it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors! I looked at this same sampler on the Scarlett Letter website, and the picture on their site, does not do it justice. I just added this pattern to my "I want" book, and also they have a new band sampler AW 1662, that will go into the "I want" category as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister is also an avid cross stitcher, she lives in Illinois and I live in Va. We share patterns, and I suggest patterns she might be interested in as I am more computer literate than her. I sent the link to your blog and also the one from Scarlett Letter that shows this sampler. She agreed as well that your pics on the blog shows how truly beautiful this sampler is, whereas we would have passed it by on the Scarlett Letter site. We can't wait to add this one to our to do list.

      Delete
    2. Well I hope you both enjoy it. I think it's going to be worth the effort. :)

      Delete
  3. I have ordered Margaret, I could not resist after seeing how beautful yours is.

    I enjoyed the needleweaving sections on the Blue Ribbon Sampler but I know what you mean about cutting the wrong thread. Always a relief when the last thread is successfully cut and pulled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all just enablers, aren't we? Enjoy.

      Delete
  4. This is just so stunning! I took the plunge and ordered Margret, and she just arrived today. I only got the pattern....did you get the kit? What colour is your fabric? Are you using silk or DMC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I got it, back in the nineties, it was only available as a kit. Mine is on 40 count with DMC. I prefer silk, but when I order a kit, I usually get it in cotton and I decide whether to switch to silk when I actually stitch it.

      Have fun!

      Delete