Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hugs and Kisses

Even though Valentine's Day came about as a commercial attempt to capitalize on love, I embrace it. It's a tangible way to remind your loved ones that they matter to you.  Hopefully, none of us take our sweethearts for granted, but it never hurts to say it out loud. 

Here are just a few of the pieces I've stitched for my husband over the years for Valentine's Day or anniversaries.



I continue to work on Margret Gatis. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm picking up speed.  Satin stitch will be the norm for a while, but at least it's over two threads and the pattern is fairly straightforward. 
 

8 comments:

  1. Your framed heart samplers are so beautiful. Margret Gatis is beyond words - AMAZING. So so gorgeous. I feel like I say this everytime I see your progress but its true. I think this is my favorite. yep it is:)Hope you had a lovely day. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Annette. I love stitching for my husband because he really does appreciate it.

      I think MG will be worth all the anguish she's caused...at least I hope so. :)

      Delete
  2. Margret Gatis is awesome. Every time you post it I fall in love with the colors again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin. It's an amazing piece. Not much color from here on though. But I love whitework.

      Delete
  3. Hello Tommye - I am so glad to have you as my newest follower on my blog! I had to come see your blog as well. Your sampler is absolutely gorgeous ♥
    My heart dropped to the floor when I read a previous post about your diamond gone missing. I breathed a sigh of relief as I continued reading to see that you found it. Whew!! That was close!

    Have a wonderful weekend...
    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Peggy.

      Yes, I'm so blessed to have found my diamond. I'm enjoying the sparkle again. :)

      Delete
  4. Hello

    Just found your lovely blog.
    Your stitching is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Meggie. That's encouraging since the last two night's of stitching have been less than fun. Stay tuned for an update!

      Delete