Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Strike whatever I said before about finally getting to the easy part of Margret Gatis. Once again, the satin stitch almost did me in. This time it was that pesky little asymmetry problem. Note the vine where the flowers are growing up from the vine. To the left of the flower stem there are thirteen stitches on the vine. To the right of the stem there are fifteen stitches on the vine. And of course, I didn't notice until I got to the end of the band and it was too short. There was not only an unladylike outburst, but much gnashing of teeth. At this point, my husband asked me to put it away for a while and Otis moved to the other end of the couch.