Saturday, February 23, 2013

Do NOT Tempt the Juju

Previously on "Bad Juju" (can you hear the Hill Street Blues theme?) the satin stitch band was done and I was in the midst of the boring, yet necessary, foundation stitching for the cutwork.  Things were moving along quite smoothly and I began to cut.  No sweat. 

Not 2 minutes after these words left my mouth..."I'm cruising!" and my husband knocked on wood, I cut the wrong thread. Well, crap.  Not to fear, I fixed it and kept going.  But it just goes to show that, as in most aspects of my life, I should just keep my mouth SHUT! 

So now, the vertical bars are wrapped and I've started on the horizontal bars which include dove's eyes.  No problem. (knocking on wood)  And who cares how perfect, or not, they are because who the heck can see them on 40 count! 

5 comments:

  1. That sampler is absolutely beautiful. You are very brave, I don't think I could make myself do cutwork!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure you can. Just pick a small hardanger Christmas ornament or suncatcher to practice. If you get a copy of Janice Love's "Basics and Beyond" you can teach yourself quite easily.

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful piece. It is prettier every time I see it. Maybe one day I will attempt cutwork. Two reasons not too....either I will be met with frustration or get addicted and become obsessed with it. As always, your work is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Robin. It can be frustrating, but I love it. It's very logical to me.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Really love this piece, and your stitching is fantastic. Looking forward to exploring your blog.

    ReplyDelete