Saturday, February 23, 2013

Do NOT Tempt the Juju

Previously on "Bad Juju" (can you hear the Hill Street Blues theme?) the satin stitch band was done and I was in the midst of the boring, yet necessary, foundation stitching for the cutwork.  Things were moving along quite smoothly and I began to cut.  No sweat. 

Not 2 minutes after these words left my mouth..."I'm cruising!" and my husband knocked on wood, I cut the wrong thread. Well, crap.  Not to fear, I fixed it and kept going.  But it just goes to show that, as in most aspects of my life, I should just keep my mouth SHUT! 

So now, the vertical bars are wrapped and I've started on the horizontal bars which include dove's eyes.  No problem. (knocking on wood)  And who cares how perfect, or not, they are because who the heck can see them on 40 count!