Monday, February 22, 2010

Don't Hate Me

Yesterday, I was sitting in the sun in the back yard enjoying a trashy novel and today it's gloomy and rainy...but still warm.  Okay, so I really shouldn't be complaining since I'm wearing short sleeves and I haven't used snow tires in over a decade.  In fact, this is excellent stitching weather...then again, I don't need an excuse to stitch. 

And to make you even more jealous, I'm packing for a stitching vacation!  Tomorrow morning I am heading north to Laura's house where we will spend almost a week indulging ourselves in our favorite activities...stitching, eating, stitching, sleeping, stitching, watching TV, stitching...  You get the idea.  As of right now, I have only packed two projects in my stitching bag.  You guessed it...Pigalle and SoHRH.  But the day is not over yet.  I recently started pruning some of my charts.  Other than pride of ownership, I have no reason to keep charts that I've already stitched.  I even found a few that I admit I'll never stitch.  Unfortunately, I still have hundreds (at least I hope it's only hundreds) of samplers still begging for my time and attention.  This may be the reason I'm considering adding something else to my bag for the trip.  I found so many things I want to start RIGHT NOW! 

But for the moment, I continue to work on SoHRH.  I'm not done with the big ship yet, but it's coming along.  Stitching time has been at a premium this week due to increased activity on my Etsy shop.  That's a good problem to have and I thank all of you who've visited my shop

11 comments:

  1. Have a good time!!! Sounds like you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to be rotton!~~ Arent you???? Have BIG fun with Laura and do just like you want to!~ I am jealous!~~ Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. No comment on the weather while we sit here with several feet of snow still piled along the roadside. But see, that too is an excuse to stitch....stay out of danger and off the road! Enjoy your time away, sounds like you have a fun few days ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like fun! Hope you get in a lot of stitching. Your Hawks is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good thing I like you, or I would hate you!
    (glad you're having fun)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm going to try not to be jealous, but with us getting 8" inches of snow today, I guess I'm sporting a little bit of the green today. Hope you have a great vacation, and Shores looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous of your stitchy vacation! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was given this Sunshine Blog award, and I have to pass it on to 12 people.

    http://pussdaddyblogs.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-was-given-sunshine-blog-award.html

    I chose you because I like reading your blog and enjoy you as a person. A lot of people don't like to mess with it, and I can understand that so don't feel obligated. I did put a lot of thought into who I passed it on to though if that means anything. I hope you accept it. Have a wonderful day,

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your weather sounds lovely!!! Your piece is coming along nicely as well. I've tried searching your blog to find the name of the chart you are stitching but couldn't find it other than the SoHRH. Wondered if you were willing to share the name. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ship is beautiful, coming along nicely. I work the same, but with wax. In your case it sounds like "a stitch in time saves nine". Vacations are nice; before I retired I took 2 a year. I used to call them "Adventures". Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad the shop is doing well!

    ReplyDelete