Wednesday, February 24, 2010

And ...We're Off!

I was so excited about this little stitching vacation that the 5 1/2 hr drive seemed to roll by quickly.  Laura and I spent last night catching up and ...wait for it...stitching!  We are both working on Shores of Hawk Run Hollow (SoHRH) by Carriage House Samplings.  In fact, the fabric that I'm using is because Laura told me how gorgeous it was.  Anyway, we are both laboring over filling in the water sections, but in different blocks.  All I have left on the big ship in block 6-7 is a gazillion more rows of water.  And Laura is filling in the water with the mermaid.  Maybe I'll have pictures later. I plan to finish that blankety-blank block tonight so I can move on to Pigalle!  I've actually been dreamining about it!

But today we're off to the needlework shop.  Maybe two!  I'm almost afraid to take my credit card with me.  Especially since the Nashville market is so recent.  But I'll be on the lookout for some new 36 and 40 count linen for the many samplers in my stash that I have no idea when I'll stitch.  It's a sickness. 

There's snow in the forecast for tomorrow so we will firmly ensconced on the couch and stitching our little hearts out.