Friday, March 13, 2009

Off track already

Well, as soon as I bite the bullet and start a blog about stitching, I get side-tracked. My 10 year old pug, Earl, quit eating almost three weeks ago. Our vet, Dr. King, has done every test he can think of and consulted four other vets and consulted the NC State University vet school. So Monday, Earl (on the left) and I are headed to Raleigh to the vet school to try and figure out what the heck is going on.

Now, you may ask, what does this have to do with stitching? Well, a lot actually. I can't concentrate on much, so I need a project that requires little thought. I also need to make sure I have something to work on while Earl is having his tests Monday.

I've been so busy over the last couple of months getting my Etsy shop going and building up my inventory of scissor fobs, etc. that I haven't even thought about starting a new sampler. I did a couple of bargello ornaments right after Christmas, but nothing big. So, I picked up a UFO to work on. The fact that it was a UFO should have clued me in, but I'm stubborn. It's unusual for me not to finish a project, but after working on it for several hours, I remembered that I really didn't like it. So I've decided to take the advice I've given others so many times..."if it's not fun, don't do it." Why waste time on something you don't enjoy? I've decided to finish the big band, take out the first line of the verse and put in a small band similar to those at the top and call it "DONE". I'll frame it and give it to someone or donate to a fund raiser or something.

Now I just have to find something new to work on. But even the concentration required to put a project together is beyond me today. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday I can get a grip. It's not like I don't have enough choices! I've owned two needlework shops and each time I sold one I hoarded enough stuff to last me for about 300 years. It's like I thought I'd never find another shop! Who knew we'd be buying needlework stuff on-line?! And, of course, I've found many shops, brick and mortar and on-line, to tempt me.

I may be out of touch for a few days next week. Wish us luck.