Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New Counting pins for Needlepoint

It's been a busy week. I've been working on beaded counting pins for needlepoint canvas. They are larger and longer than the ones for fabric (pictured here). Hopefully, I'll have pics early next week and get them listed on Etsy. I'd do it sooner, but I'm going to visit my mom this weekend. She's determined to celebrate my birthday even though I keep telling her I'm not having them anymore.

I'm making progress on my Quaker Samplings II. I love working with Waterlilies. "Midnight" doesn't have a lot of color variation, but it's a very rich deep blue. I'm stitching it on 40 count Navy Bean linen.

But now that I've chosen all my fibers for "Grace Mason" I'm anxious to start it. A couple of years ago I developed a thing for Scottish samplers. I just love those illuminated alphabets with all the curly things. Anyway, I'm taking both pieces with me this weekend. Hopefully, I'll get some stitching done. Since my husband does the driving, my best chance is in the car.

I've also recently joined Stitcher's Showcase, http://www.stitchersshowcase.com/, a site where stitchers can showcase their projects. Check it out. There are a lot of talented people sharing some great stuff there. I've also spent a lot of time checking out stitching groups on Facebook. WOW! That a big pool of talented people with varied interests. You can spend a lot of time looking at what other people have stitched. I'm going to have to start budgeting my on-line time to make sure I find time to stitch! Keep up the good work everyone. It's inspiring.