Sunday, March 22, 2009

Exampler adaptation is DONE!


Yeah for me! I did it. I added a geometric band where the first line of the verse should be and I CUT IT OFF! For an anal retentive, finish-every-project person like me this is a big deal. But I decided to practice what I preach..."if you aren't enjoying it, don't do it." And I think it is very nice without the extra 10 or 12 inches of bands. Who'll ever know? So, now I can move on to another of my zillion planned projects.

I started Quaker Samplings II on 40 count linen (a color I can't remember) in Midnight Waterlilies. I love blue. I did QS I for a friend's birthday a couple of years ago on the same linen in a red Waterlilies (name of color I can't remember either). Do you see a trend here? Maybe I need to start doing memory games or something. Anyway, it's gorgeous and I decided I needed one.

I also kitted "Grace Mason" from Of Female Worth. That's another one I've had in my stash for a while. Love the colors, but I'm using cotton hand dyeds (GAST and WDW) instead of the Gumnut Stars. I'm sure they are wonderful, but I don't have them and I'm determined to substitute from my stash when possible.

So, now I'm off to stitch and watch some basketball. (I use the TV like a radio and sports, which I love, are great stitching TV.)