Thursday, March 19, 2009

Keeping Busy making scissor fobs

Since Earl got sick, I've kind of neglected my beaded scissor fobs. So, after I walked Lester, I spent a couple of hours working on photos of some fobs I'm ready to list on Etsy and updating some already listed. This photography thing is not my favorite thing to do, but it's the most important part of selling on-line. And frankly, I have much more respect for all those wonderful cross-stitch designers now. It's really hard to get good pictures of color.

Anyway, I finished "Posey from A Friend" by Sheepish Designs Wednesday night and I'm back the UFO. All I have to do now is take out the first line of the verse and replace it with some kind of geometric band, similar to the ones at the top. Then I'll cut it off and have a piece of 26 cnt (yck) linen big enough for another sampler. Can't imagine what I would ever use it for, but I can't throw it away. Actually, it is a good count for teaching the "over two threads" technique.