Thursday, April 4, 2013

What Do You Call a Room Full of Frogs?

A flock? fleet? battalion? herd? Whatever, it felt like one of the Biblical plagues! 
As I was proudly posting yesterday's pictures, I thought to myself, "Self, that doesn't look right?"  So I pulled that sucker out of my stitching bag, and lo and behold, a big, stinkin' bullfrog landed on my lap!  I was shocked, because besides being slimy and laughing hysterically at my expression, that frog was sneaky.  I had meticulously checked to make sure that the border matched all along the sides as I went along.  What are the odds that an error of two stitches on the top right would cancel out a two stitch error on the top left diagonal so that the rest of the border appears to be correct? 
The really scary thing is that my only reaction was a quick "damn it" and a methodical search for a quick solution, which produced no results.  I must be mellowing in my old age.  So off to stitch group I went for sympathy, which I did receive, and two hours cutting and fuzz removal.  Add to that, another hour and a half at home of same said cutting and fuzz removal and I was ready to start stitching again. 

11 comments:

  1. Nasty bullfrog... but I admire your attitude. I think I would have uttered some very not nice words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness and I just admired that border yesterday. But --T.Wentzler 12 days of Christmas with all those borders???rrrrrrrriiiiiippppppp. My heart goes out to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate, hate it when that happens, i restarted one of my projects in January because of a miscount. Having said that I love your design

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when that happens, I once had the pesky frog visit me not once, twice three but four times... I finally ended up chucking the piece sad to say.

    I hope that frog stays away and you have happy stitching days ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH! I hate when this happens (and trust me, it happens more than I'd prefer). If it's any consolation, your stitching looks beautiful! And at least you found your error before getting too much further into your sampler. (My luck, I'd probably not realize that mistake until much further along -- when a few hours worth of frogging would be more like several days' worth! Lol!)
    Begone, Froggy! There - I took care of him for ya! Now enjoy your weekend in peace and tranquility and happy hours of stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I can totally sympathize. We have huge great frogs called cane toads in Australia that frequently get into my stitching. Bad frogs.....Lol.... bye for now, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! That sure was a lot of ripping!! Hope it didn't dispel any of the enthusiasm you had for starting this piece. I can't believe you caught the error if the border met up all around!! You must have some awesome eyes!!!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been in your shoes,actually more than once! So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate when that happens! You think you are being so careful and then you figure out there is a booboo. It's especially frustrating when the mistake is not easily found. I have done my fair share of cutting the stitches. I bought a pair at my stitch shop that they look like a crane or some type of bird that has a long beak. Makes it easier to slide the beak under the top part of the stitch to snip. I also use a straight pin, large one with the yellow round heads to dig out the rest of the stitch. And, to pick up the threads and fuzz, blue painters tape is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nasty frog!! Hopefully you have sent him packing for good and get back on track!!

    ReplyDelete