Monday, April 1, 2013

Ha! It's mine. Eat your heart out.

My friend, Laura, stitched it for my birthday.  You don't have to tell me how lucky I am.  Laura and I have been stitching for each other's birthdays for close to 20 years!  Oh my gosh, I can't believe that.  It's hard to believe it's been that long. We haven't missed a single one in all those years.
We have very similar taste in needlework and we've explored and shared a lot of different designers and styles of samplers.  So stitching for each other is like stitching for ourselves...except that she's a better stitcher than I am.  

If you've followed her blog, For Love of the Needle, you know that one of the reasons she started blogging is to make sure she has a record of the pieces she stitches.  Unfortunately, she doesn't have many photos of the pieces she has stitched. So I decided you should see some of the other amazing things she's stitch for me. There are more, but my photography skills have failed me.

















14 comments:

  1. All of the pieces are beautiful! I especially like the first one!! What's it called and who's it by??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Spanish Bleu by Sampler Cove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Is this that 'Art Gallery' thing we were talking about?? I feel so honored! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an amazing friend!
    She must spend all her time stitching for you, at least she knows her efforts are truly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, she stitches for many people. She's an extremely generous person.

      Delete
  5. Oh, oh, oh. What a transfixing chronicle of a 20-year relationship!

    Sam Cloth

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all beautiful. What a wonderful way to celebrate your friendship and love of stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's quite a friendship! Amazing gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of you ladies are beyond talented!!!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very special friend indeed. Such lovely work. I am sure you treasure all of them.
    Carol from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your friend's stitching is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You two are really lucky to have each other. That's what I'm really jealous of :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just saw this today!! Laura and you BOTH stitch beautifully!!! You are BOTH very lucky. Ramona

    ReplyDelete