Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Have You Ever Stitched Until...

Have you ever stitched until you couldn't focus anymore?  I know, dumb question.  I really wanted to finish this silk gauze sampler last night, but I just couldn't make it.  But hopefully, tonight it will be done.   Only about two more hours of filling in the background.  I can't decide if I'm going to do a couple of rows of cream around the edge or not. Don't you just love that checkerboard?  Wonder where that idea came from.

Then I'll have to make that teeny tiny little frame. I really don't look forward to that part, but I've done it for most of the ones I've stitched for Mother's Day.  Oh well, something to think about next week.

I really need to get back to Shores of Hawk Run Hollow. Graph paper is ready and waiting for me to replace that memorial verse in block eight with my personalization.  Maybe this weekend...

12 comments:

  1. As disappointed as you were to not finish it last night, it's great that you waited! I make so many mistakes when I'm so tired but trying so hard to finish something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice piece. Silk Gauze does not have that big of holes. No wonder you wore out and could no longer focus. I have only done a beginning project on Silk Gauze. It does make beautiful projects. Congratulations on your 'almost' finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little piece! You're almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I want to try the silk gauze sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! You stitch so quickly : ) Job well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Looking forward to seeing it complete and framed!

    And yeah, I have stitched that long...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. This piece is so wonderful, but I'm surprised that you're not totally cross eyed stitching it! I can't wait to see if finished and framed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how Precious! I love it and imagine that silk gauze is very challenging. You do such beautiful work!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes I stitch so long that I can't focus on anything closer than my fabric. It takes my eyes a minute to adjust! I see you got spammed by the same person who spammed me like 40 times! That's what I get for being nice and taking the word verification off. :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! And yes, I have stitched until my eyes are blurry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so sweet! Yes, I've stitched so much that I've wondered if my eyes were bleeding. They weren't... but I took it as my cue to rest for the night. ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete