"Pigalle" is done! Woohoo!
Now all I have to do is frame it. I have two mouldings in stock that I like. What do you think? I'm leaning towards the narrow one. I'll have to cut down the frame, but that's not a problem. I haven't done any framing in a quite a while. I'd like to get this one done quickly so that I can loan it to Donna at Angelwing Needlearts for a shop model. My version is so different from the cover model that hopefully it will encourage others to be brave and not worry about the cross-stitch police.
Speaking of my version...I stitched it on 40 count Tundra from Lakeside Linens, using 1 strand of floss over 2 fabric threads. One skein of each was sufficient, except for the navy DMC. I used two+ skeins! So make sure you have enough of whatever you decide to use. And remember that if you choose to stitch it on a larger count that you will probably want to use 2 strands and your stitches will be larger so you will need significantly more floss. These are the color changes that I made.
GAST Antique Rose --> GAST Hyacinth
GAST Briar Rose --> GAST Red Plum
GAST Gold Leaf --> GAST Avacado
GAST Wood Rose --> WDW Dutch Iris
GAST Fragrant Cloves --> GAST Briar Rose
GAST Woodsmoke --> GAST Walnut
GAST Raven --> DMC 939 Dark Navy **
Remember that most of these hand-dyed fibers can have significant dye lot differences, so play around with them and make changes if you aren't satisfied with the way they blend. That's what I had to do.