It may not look like it, but I’ve made significant progress on Jean Scrimgeowr. I spent several days with my mom, where I usually don’t get a lot of stitching done. But I informed her on Saturday that I would be watching football and stitching all afternoon and evening on Sunday. She knows better than to disturb me when I’m watching football. So I did get a lot done.
This sampler continues to be an exercise in diligence and focus. Lots of the little tendrils on band two are shaped differently, the vine is not symmetrical, the spacing of the flowers with respect to the vine varies… And I love it!
I stitched the vine in Holbein or double running stitch, instead of backstitch, just because I can. Holbein is like working a puzzle for me and I really enjoy it. I wasn't sure how the upright Gobelin would look on the tops of the flowers, but it's quite effective, I think.