Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Cranberry Saga Continues

Have you ever noticed how certain stitches look like a 8 year old made them? (and I'm not talking about those 19 century 8 year olds who were stitching massive samplers) That's how I feel about four sided stitches, especially in whitework! Not to mention they're boring after the gazillionth one! And that would only be half a gazillion if I could count and didn't have to frog! By the way, frogging used to refer to the 'rip it, rip it' thing. Now it reflects the way my eyes bug out after all that unstitching!

(I laid a piece of blue paper behind it for the photo, just to enhance the design, since it doesn't photograph very well.)
Anyway, I've moved on the to the buttonhole bars and satin stitches in The Cranberry Sampler. And, as expected, those four sided stitches don't loop so crappy now.  And don't contradict me, even if you think they do! I'm not doing them over.

Here's a better view of the circular trellis that I mentioned last week. You can see it best in the light green leaves. It reminds me of a whirlpool.