Thursday, April 21, 2011

Done!

I love it when I get things done ahead of schedule! Mother's Day is still over two weeks away and the traditional miniature sampler is done...well, stitched. And with a minimum of frogging, which is good because ripping out stitches on 40 count silk gauze is not particularly fun. Hopefully, I won't procrastinate for too long getting a frame.
The "Yellow Rose Sampler" by Threads Through Time is stitched on 40 count silk gauze with one strand of cotton floss. The finished size is 1 5/8" x 2 1/8".

8 comments:

  1. Stitching on silk gauze is something I'd like to try at some point. It's certainly beautiufl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!! Now, that was worth breaking your own rule for!!! Take care and be safe my friend, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely. What a wonderful Mother's Day present!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Tommye! Will you be my daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous!! Lucky Mom :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so simple which makes it so pretty to me! I love samplers. :) Very nice work! Its perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI
    I'm from Portugal and I reach you through Facebook. I like very much your work. I'm following you. If you have a little time you'll be welcome on my blog.
    Kisses
    Alda

    ReplyDelete