Sunday, April 10, 2011

Do I or Don't I? Hmm...

I tend to get really involved in certain sporting events on TV. In fact, my husband warns the pups every fall when college basketball season starts because I tend to yell a lot at the Wolfpack (NCSU). And frankly, I can't even watch the State/Carolina game if I hope to keep my blood pressure in a safe range. The Masters, believe it or not, is another one that gets me all riled up. I'm a big Phil Mickelson fan, but I also love the underdog, so the difficulty of the course and the amazing shots that all of those guys manage to pull of just impresses the heck out of me.

So the dilemma during these events, is whether or not to risk massive frogging if I choose to stitch while watching. I usually risk it because I can't stand to watch TV without something to do. And since Phil's chances of making such a huge comeback today are about as good as a snowball's chance in hell, I'm going for it. Here's where I left off last night when I couldn't focus any longer.

6 comments:

  1. Girl, your boy Phil, sadly didn't make it...My family pulls for him too! Mostly because my son and him share their name and they are both left handed...go figure...Now, your progress is amazing on this piece...You just rip me up flying through things...I know, I know, you're a one project at the time (mostly) woman. I am not the least bit surprised that is one is turning out fantastic also! Have a great week! Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I can't believe how much progress you have made on this one! Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! The colours you picked are so vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sad to see Phil didn't make it either. But wow! Your sampler is an amazing consolation prize. I just found your blog and am enjoying looking at all your beautiful finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stitching, but I enjoyed your comments about Wolfpack bb even more. Are you a State grad. My husband and I both are. I work for VCU and found myself reacting to the NCAA tourny in ways that I hadn't since the 80s.

    Glad to know another stitcher enjoys bb.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Cindy. NCSU 1978, Computer Science. Go PACK!

    ReplyDelete