Saturday, March 5, 2011

Just Keep on Stitching

Hetty Childs is moving right along, as you can see. Only minor frogging required so far. (Can you feel the happy dance?) Of course, now that I'm in the middle and doing the random motifs, we'll just have to see how long it takes befoe the swearing starts.

It's probably a good thing that this piece isn't very complicated because my focus has been a little lacking this week. Still trying to find my mojo after that bout with the flu, but at least I'm making progress.

I've slowly been adding new scissor fobs and counting pins to my Etsy shop too. If you have trouble with borders or those 'confetti' stitching designs, (you know the ones I'm talking about...here a stitch, there a stitch, always changing colors) try using counting pins. They can be very helpful in making sure you put the right stitch in the right place or get the right number of stitches in that long band.