Sunday, November 8, 2009

Whew! One more finish

So, I took the day off from Etsy...well, I quit before noon...to stitch and watch football and NASCAR. And it was a very productive endeavor. I finished the hardanger Christmas tree, Philip Rivers, QB of the San Diego Chargers and NCSU alum, led a last minute drive to beat the NY Giants, and Mark Martin finished fourth in Texas and picked up a lot of points on chase leader, Jimmie Johnson. Now I know most of you don't give a fat rat's ass about Philip Rivers or Mark Martin, but it made a great afternoon for me. And finishing the Christmas tree made a small dent in the mountain of stuff I still have to do in the next six weeks.

And I even managed to get about halfway thru one of those angel ornaments. I'm on a roll! Unfortunately, tomorrow real life intervenes. I'll be cleaning, grocery shopping, doing laundry, and finishing a custom order scissor fob. (That part is good.) So I'll be back to stitching after supper only. What a life!

5 comments:

  1. WoW that is beautiful! I have never been able to master hardanger ~ Hard being the operative word.
    It is really pretty!!!
    Congrats!
    God Bless your busy stitching fingers ~
    Lenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa....I want to be you when I grow up!~~ Nice job!~ Go Philip~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hardanger is so gorgeous! I love how the white takes on different hues with the direction of the thread. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, your hardanger is SO nice!! Beautiful job--congrats on the finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely hardanger! I watched most of that game, and the Carolina/NO game (boo hoo). You're a good woman, doing cleaning, laundry, etc! LOL

    ReplyDelete