Monday, December 31, 2012

A Stitchy New Year's Eve

After a fun and, as usual, chaotic, Christmas with my family, I'm happy to be home again.  Yes, I'm a homebody and proud of it.  Lester and Otis have settled down and all is right with the world.  I've even managed to start my New Year's Resolution to stitch more, a little early!

Don't ever be fooled into thinking that just because a project is small that it will be a quick stitch! This little Button and Beaded kit from Mill Hill has seemingly taken forever! But I finished it this afternoon while screaming at the TV.  I love watching the bowl games, but my NCSU Wolfpack turned the ball over almost as many times as I dropped a  bead. It was miserable...for all of us.  But I finished this little piece and can now move on.

After almost twenty years, I'm finally going to stitch one of my all-time favorite samplers.  "Virtue Outshines the Stars" by The Needle's Prayse is a class example of Darleen O'Steen's amazing work.  It's charted for DMC, but I'm converting it to silks which will delay the start just a little, but I'll enjoy it so much more. It's full of Queen stitches, so I'll have to forego my favored 40 count linen for 36 count. 
In the meantime, I'll be stitching this little beauty.  A good friend of mine has had her house on the market for over a year and it has recently sold. So she'll be moving away very soon. :(  I decided this little sampler would be just perfect for her.
Tomorrow the Christmas decorations come down and my tree skirt gets packed away for another year, but tonight I stitch!  I am such a party animal!