Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Could Stare at This One All Day!

You might remember that I was a little apprehensive about choosing and mapping out the colors on this piece since it was charted as a monochromatic one. Well, after a few minor adjustments as I went along, it is finished and I love it! Don't have any idea when I'll get around to framing it but when I do I'll have to rearrange the 35-40 samplers in my living room/dining room to find just the right place to hang it.
It is an original design by Ute Scheer, Studio of Historical Samplers,  inspired by photos of Moroccan samplers in a book of samplers from the V&A museum. I stitched mine on 40 count cream linen using Splendor silk floss. The finished design is 11" x 23.5" (17.9cm x 59.7cm)

8 comments:

  1. I do agree with you - one could stare at it the whole day! Pure ART!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD FOR YOU! It's amazing, Tommye. One of the most unique and wonderful projects I've seen in blog world lately. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how you could stare at that piece all day. It's wonderful. I think that the colors you chose just really make the piece. I like one color pieces, but I think that you gave this piece a wonderful lift with those colors. It begs your eye to go through each color and see all that went into each section.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out absolutely amazing. Love it !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos on such a great finish!

    ReplyDelete