Thursday, September 23, 2010

Framing Makes a World of Difference!

Here are a couple more pieces that I stitched but just got around to framing. The first is "Quaker Samplings II" by With My Needle. So much fun to do and if I wasn't such a selfish witch, I'd give it to someone. Oh, wait. I gave away Quaker Samplings I! I think I'll keep this one.


And "Grace Mason Sampler" by Of Female Worth is one of my all-time favorite pieces. I loved every minute...okay, I only tolerated the days stitching over one thread on 40 count...and I am definitely keeping this one. In fact, it's hanging on my living room wall right now.


Now I'm in the mood to start another big project, but I can't. The Christmas Panic of 2010 has ensued. I'm starting on ornaments and I still have one more block + on Shores of Hawk Run Hollow to finish for you-know-who's Christmas present.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Tommye! I love the frames you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful. I am jealous. I just can't seem to finish any large pieces. I have so many UFO's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pieces. Great job framing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both gorgeous Tommye! I love the simplicity of the Quaker and you chose a perfect frame for it. And the Grace Mason sampler is a masterpiece. On 40 ct linen? Truly amazing.

    Had to laugh at your Christmas panic! I imagine that you're not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pieces! Shame on you for being so selfish with them! :P ha! I'm in Christmas panic mode here myself, so you have good company!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pieces in great frames!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How much fun for me to stumble upon your QSII! Your frame is perfect.

    I hope you'll email me a photo and stitching details for my blog.

    Also like your Grace Mason sampler--what beautiful cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching *and* presentation!

    ReplyDelete