Monday, January 2, 2012

Another Year, Another Big Start!

Well, the big Christmas rush is over and I'm still working on ornaments! But only because I like to have a few done before I start the Panic later in the year. Actually, it's kind of fun once the pressure is off, but you're still in the mood. And I'm working on hardanger ones, so I don't have to worry about color changes.

I stitched this Charland Design from my stash for my husband for Christmas. Of course, the frame wasn't done in time, but it's hanging on the wall now.  It's a little frou-frou, but hey, it's sweet!



But I started my first project of 2012 right before Christmas just in case I had some time to stitch (what a joke) while visiting my family. Since we got back I've really enjoyed working on "The Cranberry Sampler" by Needle's Prayse. 
  
I've made more progress, but haven't take a picture today. There's a huge whitework section at the bottom that I can't wait to stitch! In the meantime, I'm meticulously working on a diagonal montenegrin band! Talk about the need to focus...

2 comments:

  1. I am still stitching away on Christmas ornaments too, so understand perfectly your enjoying them still! The sampler for your hubby is beautiful! Love the colors in your new start, can't wait to see more progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best laid plans....Nothing wrong with still stitching Christmas...I plan on keeping it up throughout the year...New start is smashing btw!!! Take care, Faye

    ReplyDelete