Friday, June 24, 2011

Did I Really Complain about Cold Weather this Winter?

Summer is definitely here. I am so thankful to live in this technologically advanced era with AIR CONDITIONING! God bless the man who invented it. It's so hot and muggy that Lester lays on the a/c vent and Otis is spread eagle on the hardwood to maximize skin to floor contact. I used to think I was an old soul and would've appreciated life in the 18th century (except for that indoor plumbing thing), but every summer I remember why I'm so glad to be a 20th/21st century woman. Who could possibly stitch in this miserable heat...and by candlelight too?! Ben Franklin is my hero. 

I'm still as boring as I was ten days ago, but I have made some progress on "Cotillion". At this point, all the major motifs are done and I just have to fill in the smaller pieces in the bottom third.

I still haven't chosen my next project, but I can guarantee that it will be a band sampler. Enough of these motif samplers. I need some symmetry and logic to soothe my brain.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely progress!!

    I love my air conditioning too! Don't love the electric bill so much but that's okay as long as I can be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm with you on the AC thing!! And can you imagine how horrible it must have been to have no AC and have to wear corsets and layers of petticoats?? No wonder ladies swooned so much!

    Your sampler is beautiful--I love that purple fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really pretty. I think that the linen is what really sends sparks when you look at it.

    And I'm with you on the AC things. I can go without it up to a certain point, but add in humidity which we get a lot of and then I'm done for and need some air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Tommye, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one reason I'm loving winter at the moment - being able to sleep under a duvet is just sheer heaven ... you can keep your hot and humid summers! ;) Cotillion is coming along beautifully - I absolutely adore this one, the colours are awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cotillion is just gorgeous, love the linen you're stitching it on.

    ReplyDelete